Junior Badminton Tournament – June 2017
In conjunction with Worcestershire Schools Badminton Association Stephanie Cartwright-Randle is running a Junior badminton tournament on Sunday 25 June 2017. It is for youngsters who are sporty and competitive. They don’t know it yet but they have racket – shuttle co-ordination, they enjoy running around and competing in the sport. They have probably played with the family in the garden and/or at the local leisure centre. Now is the time to take it a little further.
HERE is where they can experience competitive play. They may not know all the rules, know what the shots are called, or where to hit the shuttle, BUT they are prepare to have a go. Then this junior badminton tournament on 25 June 2017 is a tournament they should enter.
Brief details can be found on the poster HERE,
An entry form can be downloaded HERE which contain full details.
|Age group||Born on or since|
|U12||1st Jan 2007||Age groups are determined by your
age as at 31st December 2018
|U14||1st Jan 2005|
|U16||1st Jan 2003|
|U18||1st Jan 2001|
The event will depend on the number of entries but they will be guaranteed lots of playing and maybe some wins. Successful participants will be invited to attend the local junior county badminton trials in July 2017.
Rules of the tournament
- Players shall be eligible to play provided they were born on or after 1st January 2001 (see chart)
- The tournament is open to any player living or attending school in the historic County of Worcestershire (made up of Worcestershire and Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council areas) and Birmingham.
- Entry forms should be received by Thursday 22nd June 2017
- Suitable sports clothing to be worn including trainers with non-marking soles.
- Entry fee for the tournament is £8.00.
- Trophies or medals will be awarded to winner and runners-up in each age group.
- Feather shuttles will be used.
- Please note there may be a wait between games.
DATE: Sunday 25 June 2017
VENUE: Turves Green Boys School,
VENUE: Turves Green, Northfield, Birmingham. B31 4BS
TIME: Registration 9.30 (Confirmed by email closer to the date)
COST: £8.00 – total
ENTRY FORM: HERE.
CONTACT: Stephanie Cartwright-Randle
CONTACT: Phone: 07976 814036
CONTACT: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org